At Kestrels’ Field Primary School, we understand the importance of being part of the wider community. The local community can play a big role in supporting pupils and this is something as a school we feel is extremely important. It’s not just about the parents or teachers, it’s also about families, community groups, social groups, businesses and community leaders. As a community we foster classroom environments that value the contributions of all students, their families and communities. We recognise that every learner is unique and we celebrate their languages, cultures, and interests; and we strive to identify and remove any barriers to achievement.
Would you like to be part of this movement? There are many ways that you can support young people in your local community, such as:
- Joining the Parent Teacher Association-Friends of Kestrels’. Come and help support us with events and fundraising projects.
- Volunteering in the classroom. There are plenty of opportunities for you to come support in the classroom. An extra read a week one on one could make all the difference to a child’s confidence and attainment.
- We are currently looking to expand our library book collections on both of our school sites. Would you like to donate books or make a monetary donation? Let us know!
- Have you got resources you no longer need that you think the school could make use of? Get in touch.
- Come to our many events and show your support for a school in the centre of your community.
- Are you a local business who would like to give back to your community? Get in touch and let us know how you can help.
Follow us @kestrelsfield on Twitter